Sunday, April 12, 2009

Championship game highlights from ESPN & more

It wasn't a dream. That incredible final minute, 2-goal rally really happened. So did Colby Cohen's overtime goal. After beating Miami goalie Reichard earlier in the game with a bullet off the crossbar, Cohen's OT slapper deflects off defenseman Roeder and flies over Reichard's left shoulder while the goalie, screened by Vinny Saponari and a defender, never sees it. When Jack Parker says "Hockey is a slippery game....played on ice," this is what he's talking about.




►Nick Bonino on his game-tying goal

“What else can you say about that pass from Matt Gilroy? It’s unbelievable. He saw me and I saw it in his eyes. He looked at me, faked the shot and dragged it around the guy so I knew it was coming. I was wide open and saw me and obviously I tried to put it on net. I was aiming anywhere, I just hit it as hard as I can and it squirted by the goalie.”



►Mike Eruzione:

"The old saying is that there is never a bad shot in overtime."
• David Albright's ESPN recap
• USCHO: Melissa Wade’s photo gallery ; Dave Hendrickson: Anything But Easy; M.O.P.Colby Cohen
• The Boston Globe: Uncommon Wealth, Legendary Comeback, Frozen Four Notebook
• CBS Sports catches up with Mike Eruzione
• The Daily Free Press: Monumental
• College Hockey News: Bonino feature; Emotions flow for the coaches
• Inside Hockey: Cohen's Shot Heard 'Round the Hub; A Silver Success for Hockey East
• Philly.com: Colby Cohen feature and photo gallery (scroll down for more video of the game-winning goal and on-ice celebration)
• New York Daily News: Drury reaches out to Parker

We'll be adding more links to this post throughout the day. Visit GoTerriers.com for more articles and Terrier features. A ticker-tape parade is planned for Tuesday, April 14, in Boston. Details to follow.



No comments:

Site Meter