Wednesday, August 03, 2016

USA vs. Sweden today at 4 p.m. on NHL Network; Greenway, Oettinger impress at camp




Five of the six Terriers at National Junior EvaluationCamp will be in the line-up for today’s game against Sweden. Jordan Greenway, Charlie McAvoy, Kieffer Bellows, Clayton Keller and Chad Krys will take the ice in the contest that begins at 4 p.m. ET and will air live on NHL Network. Goalie Jake Oettinger, who leads the four netminders in camp with a 1.87 GAA and a .941 save percentage. Is expected to play in Friday’s game against Sweden. Bellows (photo) is tied for the team points lead with six after two games.

● USA Hockey game notes, Day 5 Notebook with lines and defense pairings


“I’ve really been competing hard, using my body, and offering some things that maybe not a lot of other guys can offer.  You can’t find a 6-foot-6 guy too often, so I try to stick out in different ways. Whether it’s scoring goals, getting in on the forecheck, penalty kill, or whatever the case is.”

The youngest playing at the NJEC, the 6’4” Oettinger talked about the trend towards big, athletic goalies and his rivalry with former NTDP teammate and BC recruit Joseph Woll.

“Having him here every day with me to battle and push me, I knew if I couldn’t get the job done that he was going to come in and get it done. We both pushed ourselves really hard to try to get that starting spot, and I know without him, I wouldn’t be here. I learned a ton from him and I’m really excited to be able to play against him the next couple of years.”

● USHL.com  Oettinger makes the cut

No comments:

Site Meter