Hockey East also has posted its full, 38-page championship weekend media kit, which includes skating schedules and both team and individual tournament records, as well as national leaders for the current season. Among the nuggets:
• Friday night, BU will appear in the Hockey East semifinals for the 20th time in the conference’s 27 year history.
• The Terriers have more tournament wins than any other Hockey East team and carry a 59-33-1 record in all tournament games.
• BU is second overall in goals per game with 3.59 trailing on Minnesota-Duluth (3.66).
• BU and its next opponent, Maine, are first and second respectively in power play efficiency in regular-season conference games. However, overall, the Black Bears are first and the Terriers second. BU also is the leader in special teams net for regular season HE games.
• Chris Drury and Jay Pandolfo are tied for most playoff points in one season with 10, trailing only Maine’s Jim Montgomery, who had 11. Pandolfo is tied for the most goals in one playoff season with seven.
• Millan’s 150 saves this past weekend made him the new all-time playoff saves leader with 474, easing ahead of Sean Fields, who had 445.
• The combined 127 shots by BU and UNH in Sunday’s QF deciding game eclipsed the previous first-round, single game record by 35 shots.
Alex Chiasson, BU’s leading scorer, and the top scorer in this year’s QF round with five, appeared in a 16-minute segment of Dean Millard and Guy Flamings' The Pipeline Show (audio) on Tuesday night.
Next Sunday’s NCAA Selection Show on ESPNH (Noon, ET) will feature segments on the NCAA tournament memories of NHLers Matt Gilroy, Zach Parise, Martin St. Louis and Ryan Miller. Gilroy’s image in a BU uniform has been featured all season in NCAA advertising for the Frozen Four in Tampa.